August 2020 Pediatric eCase Review - Caring for Pediatric Patients in Remote Areas
Time & Location
About The Event
AFN MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT! JOIN OUR PEDIATRIC eCASE REVIEW WITH DR. KEELEY BOWMAN! The Unique Challenges of Caring for Pediatric Patients in Remote Areas: A Case Review of a Physical Assault of an Alaska Native Infant with Bite Injuries
You won't want to miss this AFN Membership Benefit! Pediatric Case Review is recommended for all examiners who see children at their centers. Pediatric cases of sexual abuse, physical abuse or strangulation will be presented and discussed for learning points and recommendations in an open, supportive setting.
Dr. Keeley Bowman will discuss the challenges of caring for pediatric patients in remote areas, including challenges during the COVID-19 lockdowns. A pediatric physical abuse case will be presented, as well as a discussion on managing pediatric patients in remote Western Alaska. The challenges of moving between an RN role and APRN role depending on the age of the patient, and the scarcity of providers in the region will also be discussed. The patient population focus will be pediatric patients with a specific look at Alaska Native patients.
Don't miss your opportunity to:
- Listen to structured feedback provided on presented cases.
- Discuss issues and challenges with pediatric cases.
- Increase your understanding of anogenital anatomy in children.
- Increased knowledge and access to peer-reviewed research.
- Participate in real-time networking forum with other pediatric nurses examiners.
eCase Review Objectives:
- Participants will be knowledgeable about the unique challenges facing remote areas in caring for pediatric patients.
- Participants will be aware of the process for caring for pediatric patients in remote areas, including care during COVID-19.
- Participants will learn about a specific pediatric physical abuse case involving bite injuries, and have a greater understanding how the challenges in the region apply to a specific case.
IMPORTANT You will need to register in advance for this Webinar. Webinar is scheduled for August 26, 2020 at 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (EST). Question and answer session will immediately follow. WEBINAR ACCESS INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOUR EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM ZOOM ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR REGISTRATION AND YOUR AFN MEMBERSHIP IS VERIFIED! Any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
CASE REVIEW GUEST PRESENTER
DR. KEELEY BOWMAN
Keeley Bowman is the manager of Forensic Nursing Services at Norton Sound Health Corporation in Nome, AK. She moved there from the Nashville, TN area in July 2019. Prior to this role, Keeley was an assistant professor at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, and a