LIVE Virtual Boot Camp - A Comprehensive Response to Human Trafficking
Time & Location
About The Event
Informing Multidisciplinary Practice Through Virtual Learning
Join your AFN Colleagues at Virtual Boot Camp this October!
Vulnerable patients who are being trafficked by sex, labor and possible organ harvesting are being cared for in hospitals and healthcare settings worldwide. Healthcare providers are often not aware of these crimes within their communities and lack comfort and knowledge in addressing the safety and referral of these patients for care and recovery.
This five session boot camp will ensure that Forensic Nurses and healthcare providers improve awareness and become familiar with screening techniques to identify patients being trafficked for sex, labor, organ harvesting and all forms of trafficking. Participants will be able to recognize symptoms of trafficking, create effective community response systems, and develop trauma informed models of care for trafficked patients.
This LIVE Web Series will launch on October 19, 2021 and features five interactive web sessions through November 16, 2021 (see dates and session descriptions below).
PLEASE REGISTER ON ZOOM WITH A PERSONAL EMAIL TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECIEVE YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION.
CONFERENCE SESSION OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this program, learners will possess basic knowledge and skills to:
- Report increased knowledge in the definition and types of human trafficking.
- Report increased knowledge in the assessment and available screening tools for identification of labor trafficked patients.
- Report increased knowledge in the therapeutic interventions and trauma informed response to patients who are being labor trafficked.
- Understand the types of human trafficking and be able to define them.
- Identify the visual signs of human trafficking and understand what they mean.
- Understand the different vulnerabilities of survivors of human trafficking.
- Understand the vulnerabilities that make certain persons targets of trafficking.
- Understand victimology and trauma response.
- List the stakeholders of a community task force.
- Understand the process of engaging medical stakeholders to assure central point of intake for victims.
- Examine trafficking case studies to evaluate efficacy in community response.
- Identify screening methods to identify victim patients who are being trafficked.
- Have improved understanding on how to interact with potential trafficking survivors in the healthcare setting.
- Able to explain the unique role that healthcare plays in identifying potential trafficking survivors.
- Have an improved understanding of trauma-informed care for potential trafficking survivors.
BOOT CAMP SESSIONS
Session I: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Understanding Forms of Human Trafficking
Session II: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Revealing the Problem: Commercial Sexual Exploitation
Session III: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Trauma Informed Response to Victims of Trafficking
Session IV: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Can You see Me? Developing a Coordinated Community Response to Screening Medical Response to Victims of Trafficking
Session V: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
The Voice of A Trafficked Survivor : Caring for a Victim in the Healthcare Setting
COURSE COST & CONTINUING EDUCATION
Cost for course: Includes your CE.
AFN Members: $175
Total contact hours if ALL webinars are completed: 8.0 contact hours.
NOTE: The Academy of Forensic Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation For more information regarding contact hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- AFN Members$175$1750$0
- NON AFN Members$225$2250$0