$85 Non-Member price
$80 Member Price - Use coupon code AFNMember at check-out to apply discount.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Additional charges for sales tax, shipping, and credit card processing fees will be added at the time of checkout. Credit card processing fees will appear in your shopping cart as "Handling Fees" and are based on total charges.
558 pages, 204 images, 97 contributors
The Third Edition of Child Abuse Quick Reference is completely revised and expanded, with new and emerging science for the multidisciplinary response to child abuse. It features updated models for the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of child abuse as well as three all-new chapters on: nonfatal strangulation in children, pregnancy in sexually abused minors, and prevention of child maltreatment.
With this latest edition, Child Abuse Quick Reference remains the most detailed and convenient field guide to child maltreatment—ideal for professionals working directly with abused children. Medical practitioners, social workers, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, and others will find this easy-to-use guide essential to their work on the front lines of prevention and intervention in cases of child maltreatment.
1. Introduction to Child Maltreatment
3. Head Trauma
4. Nonfatal Strangulation in Children
5. Burns and Bruises
6. Ophthalmic Manifestations and Oral Injuries
7. Thoracoabdominal Injuries
8. The Chemically Abused Child (Poisoning)
9. Neglect, Abandonment, and Failure to Thrive
10. Sexual Abuse
11. The Sexual Abuse Interview
12. Sexually Transmitted Diseases
14. Medical Child Abuse
15. Role of Law Enforcement
16. Interdisciplinary Death Investigation
17. DNA and Evidence Collection