JOIN THIS MEMBER'S ONLY AFN WEBINAR WITH SPECIAL GUESTS CHANTEL HAMMOND, JEANINE JACOPEC, AND RANDI KRAUSE
Join us as Chantel Hammond, Jeanine Jacopec and Randi Krause provide education to nurses who are unfamiliar with non-fatal strangulation (NFS), and provide a review for nurses who have some experience doing these exams.
This webinar will discuss the background and significance, review signs and symptoms, misconceptions, related injuries, and lethality of non-fatal strangulation. In addition, they will discuss HAVEN’s non-fatal strangulation program, including the number of cases seen, their medical assessment and documentation, the technology used during exams, and patient follow-up. Additionally, they will discuss the strengths and limitations of their program as well.
Geared toward forensic nurses, advanced practice providers, and emergency department/healthcare providers.
Don't miss your opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge and additional training on non-fatal strangulation.
- Learn about the signs/symptoms of non-fatal strangulation.
- Learn how to assess patients who experience non-fatal strangulation.
- Participate in a non-fatal strangulation case review.
- Learn about camera and imaging technology during the medical forensic exams.